5 Most Expensive Houses in the World
1. Formerly the home of Bill Gates, but now belonging to really rather rich Roman Abramovich, the Villa La Leopolda in Nice, France would set you back roughly £250,000,000 ($1/2 a billion). Its 10 acres of lush, garden-filled grounds require an astounding 50 gardeners to look after it.
2. The billionaire found of the Renco Group, Ira Rennert, owns a place in Sagaponack, New York, and at 63 acres of grounds, is considered by many to be the largest residential compound in the whole of America. The house itself has 29 bedrooms, 39 bathrooms, as well as the usual gigantic dining room, sport courts and bowling alley. The property is valued at roughly $170,000,000-180,000,000.
3. With neighbors like Elton John and the Queen of England, Updown Court in Surrey, UK is going to be a rather decadent household. Launched with a price of £70,000,000 (roughly $140,000,000) and still unsold as of May this year. Containing 24 bedrooms, each with a marble en-suite bathroom, and an underground garage, the property is estimated to cost around £250,000 ($500,000) a month to run.
4. Donald Trump owns this 18-bedroom waterfront palace, which is listed as costing £125,000,000. Situated in Florida, Trump says it’s location in Palm Beach is “the richest community in the world” and it doesn’t seem like he’s joking!
5. In Bridgehampton, New York, there sits a $75,000,000 estate that has its own golf course! Called “Three Ponds” due to the fact that it has, er, three ponds (each stocks with an ample supply of fish), and the expansive grounds also house 14 different gardens, each with their own theme!